Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's About Time I start Talking...

Next month marks the 5 year anniversary of my Rheumatoid Arthritis diagnosis. I have been pretty silent thus far and except for immediate family and a few close friends, no one knows my body is trying to destroy me. I have an invisible enemy and daily it wages a war against me that I am determined to win. If you were to look at me you would never believe that I have an auto immune disease.

At this point the question should be: "Why are you deciding to "talk" now after a 5 year silence?" The answer to that is that this blog comes partly out of a necessity to write so that I will not forget this journey and secondly to perhaps share my strength with others. I find that writing often is a comfort in and of itself and that by participating in it every day I am often able to sort through my own questions and dilemmas. I am by no means an expert on RA and there are others out there that have way more scientific data than I do to support and diagnose the condition. I do not intend for this blog to become some scientific rambling of this cure or that or provide readers with suggestions for remedies or cures. I have none of that. What I do have is the knowledge of what it is to live with the disease and how I get through each day. How sometimes I walk through very dark valleys and how on other days I am privileged to see a mountaintop or two.

I have a deep faith in God and there is absolutely no way I could have survived this far without His mercy, His love and His grace.

This blog is more for me than for anyone else but if you have somehow stumbled upon this page because you, like me, search for answers and for understanding about the invisible disease, I pray your journey finds you well. I do not know how this journey will end but I will fight to survive.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading about how you are feeling about the invisible enemy that you must deal with daily.
    You are doing great in everyway! You are an example of what a person can do when they determine they will do something very difficult.
    My great words of wisdom are always the same....please don´t overdo and take care and eat right and all the rest..... You are special to me and to many others.
    Love you and with God all things are possible.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was hoping to read some more of your story, so please do add some new thought.
    your fan,
    mom

    ReplyDelete